Life update: I moved to New York City! The past month was a whirlwind. I graduated college, drove everything I own from Texas to Virginia, and then packed my bags for New York City to start my first job.
It has been an adjustment moving from Texas to NYC, but I’m finally getting the hang of the morning commute and loud city noises. It’s been hard, but I can’t wait to see what is to come. The city is already inspiring me to be more creative and pour into the blog consistently. Heres to more shopping, eating, and of course, blogging.
Outfit details: Walking by the beautiful window displays on the street makes it extremely hard to stop myself from buying everything cute I see. I love this dress from Club Monaco and how these comfortable Steve Madden shoes elevate any summer dress.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin
Favorite Winter / Spring Transition Outfit
This sweater dress and blush jacket are my go-to pieces for Spring transition in Texas. The weather here is all over the place. Last week it was 25 and this week it’s 60! My wardrobe is so unpredictable these days, which is why I’ve been loving wearing sweater dresses and light layers. I wear this blush jacket all the time and get so many compliments on the color. It is perfect for Spring transition weather but warm enough for colder weather with a warm sweater. The pink would also be perfect for a Valentine’s / Galentine’s day date!
I am also loving this TopShop sweater dress. I bought it before my trip to NYC in October and it was so warm! I didn’t even need to add a jacket. My favorite way to style it is with black tights and booties or over the knee boots. P.S. My black sock booties are under $40 and super comfortable!
Best Valentine’s Day Gifts
After pulling out all of the stops for Christmas gifts, finding a Valentine’s Day gift can seem impossible to shop for. Chocolates, teddy bears, and roses can all seem a little too cliche. So with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it would be helpful to share a few fun gift ideas. Whether you’re celebrating Galentine’s Day or with your sweetheart, here are some fabulous gifts every girl is sure to love! (Click on an item to shop it!)
[show_ms_widget id=”35997958″ image_id=”41858753″ width=”2135″ height=”3300″]
[show_ms_widget id=”35997962″ image_id=”41858757″ width=”2400″ height=”3126″]
Shop my favorite Amazon beauty products –
Confession time. I have an Amazon addiction. There I said it! I order pretty much everything I use from Amazon. The number of Prime packages that show up on my doorstep every week is getting out of hand! Here is a round-up of my favorite skin and hair Amazon finds that I am loving right now and the best part is that they are all under $30!
(Click the product photos to shop)
[show_ms_widget id=”35997802″ image_id=”41858565″ width=”612″ height=”1008″]
[show_ms_widget id=”35997803″ image_id=”41858566″ width=”612″ height=”1008″]
Who’s Ready To Black Friday Shop Online?
I am doing all of my Black Friday shopping from my bed this year! I would much rather be sipping coffee in cozy socks than pushing through a line of people. Check out these A-MAZING Black Friday deals going on today!
My Sundays always involve an excessive amount of online shopping. Anyone with me?? The good news is that today, while you’re binge-watching Stranger Things or Real Housewives, you can also be shopping at Nordstrom’s Fall Sale! It is 40% off most of their sale items (which literally just saved me $72 on some jeans I bought!) Some of these deals are better than their Anniversary Sale!
Check out some of my favorite affordable fall fashion picks from Nordstrom:
TOPS: [show_lookbook_widget id=”375533″]
SHOES: [show_lookbook_widget id=”375536″]
OUTERWEAR: [show_lookbook_widget id=”375535″]
BOTTOMS: [show_lookbook_widget id=”375534″]
ACCESSORIES: [show_lookbook_widget id=”375537″]
The weather will be getting colder soon but it doesn’t mean we have to pack away our summer colors. Soft pastels are in this fall! I’ve worn this dress to everything from brunch to a wedding. This dress slays with the classy cutouts. I wore it to a sorority semi-formal event last week and got so many compliments.
Shop the look:
I cannot wait for it to feel like fall here in Texas! So here’s a round-up of some of my favorite fall essentials, all under $100. Super cute and budget friendly!
Which picks are your favorite?
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12
Dress | Shoes | Mug
I hope ya’ll have a great day and start your week with an extra dose of motivation (and coffee.)
Here are some tips that can help keep your crazy weeks under control:
- Say NO – We all know that stressful weeks are going to happen, but if every week is as much of a whirlwind as the last, it might be time to reevaluate some of your commitments. Make sure that you are in control of your schedule and that it is not in control of you. One major wake up call for me was when I kept an hour-by-hour time log for a week. It really showed me how I use my time and where I needed to be saying no more. (Here’s a great template to log your week)
- Make Lists – Everyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with making to-do lists. There are few things that compare to the fabulous feeling of scratching off a daunting task on your ever growing to-do list. I prefer keeping a weekly list and then having a separate one for monthly tasks and goals. This keeps my list (and brain) from getting overwhelmed with things I do not need to be focused on yet.
- Eat Food – Sounds silly but when I am stressed sometimes I completely forget to feed myself. Take some time to keep yourself energized so you can tackle your week easier. Nothing is worse than being stressed and also starving!
- Have fun – Okay so I know this seems like the last thing you should do when you are stressed, but I have found that when I schedule breaks to see a friend, watch that episode of the Bachelor I am behind on, or just take a quick walk outside, my overall stress and work ethic is dramatically improved.
- Have realistic expectations – As a perfectionist myself this is very hard for me. No matter how stressed you are there are still only 24 hours in one day. Make sure you commit to the things you need to do and execute them to the best of your ability but remember to keep it within reason. Cleaning out your closet, writing a 20 page paper, and solving world hunger, within 24 hours is just not realistic. You will feel less stressed and more accomplished when you know you have a realistic schedule.
Here are also some of my favorite bible verses that always help me get through a busy week:
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Ecclesiastes 12:1 – Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
Dress | Shoes
I don’t know about ya’ll but fall weather is something that I look forward to all year! This week was in the 70 and 80’s! (which is an absolute miracle for Texas!) It is still too warm for layers but that just means that I get to wear some of my favorite dresses for a little bit longer. I have been lighting fall candles and baking pumpkin muffins just trying to make it more like it is autumn.
I got this dress when I was living in the Netherlands this summer. The material is handmade and it is one of the few drop waist dresses that I love! It is so comfortable! The little sailboats remind me of sitting at cafes this summer watching boats pass under the Maastricht bridge 🙂