Best Valentine’s Day Gifts
After pulling out all of the stops for Christmas gifts, finding a Valentine’s Day gift can seem impossible to shop for. Chocolates, teddy bears, and roses can all seem a little too cliche. So with Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I thought it would be helpful to share a few fun gift ideas. Whether you’re celebrating Galentine’s Day or with your sweetheart, here are some fabulous gifts every girl is sure to love! (Click on an item to shop it!)
[show_ms_widget id=”35997958″ image_id=”41858753″ width=”2135″ height=”3300″]
[show_ms_widget id=”35997962″ image_id=”41858757″ width=”2400″ height=”3126″]
Dress | Shoes | Mug
I hope ya’ll have a great day and start your week with an extra dose of motivation (and coffee.)
Here are some tips that can help keep your crazy weeks under control:
- Say NO – We all know that stressful weeks are going to happen, but if every week is as much of a whirlwind as the last, it might be time to reevaluate some of your commitments. Make sure that you are in control of your schedule and that it is not in control of you. One major wake up call for me was when I kept an hour-by-hour time log for a week. It really showed me how I use my time and where I needed to be saying no more. (Here’s a great template to log your week)
- Make Lists – Everyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with making to-do lists. There are few things that compare to the fabulous feeling of scratching off a daunting task on your ever growing to-do list. I prefer keeping a weekly list and then having a separate one for monthly tasks and goals. This keeps my list (and brain) from getting overwhelmed with things I do not need to be focused on yet.
- Eat Food – Sounds silly but when I am stressed sometimes I completely forget to feed myself. Take some time to keep yourself energized so you can tackle your week easier. Nothing is worse than being stressed and also starving!
- Have fun – Okay so I know this seems like the last thing you should do when you are stressed, but I have found that when I schedule breaks to see a friend, watch that episode of the Bachelor I am behind on, or just take a quick walk outside, my overall stress and work ethic is dramatically improved.
- Have realistic expectations – As a perfectionist myself this is very hard for me. No matter how stressed you are there are still only 24 hours in one day. Make sure you commit to the things you need to do and execute them to the best of your ability but remember to keep it within reason. Cleaning out your closet, writing a 20 page paper, and solving world hunger, within 24 hours is just not realistic. You will feel less stressed and more accomplished when you know you have a realistic schedule.
Here are also some of my favorite bible verses that always help me get through a busy week:
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Ecclesiastes 12:1 – Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
I wrote this post just as much for myself as I did for you all. I struggle with self-confidence more than anything else. I quickly revert back to my shy ways if I’m not pushed out of my comfort zone. Most people are attracted to confidence- employers, spouses, friends – confidence is something that can help you in every area of your life. It makes you more sure of your self and who you are. I struggle with wishing I was more outgoing or someone else but that’s me telling God that I do not like who he made me to be. Everyone should be confident in who God made them to be.
Zephaniah 3:17: The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves. He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
I love this verse. God delights in us. He is with us and on our side. Carry that with you so you can be confident in yourself and who you are to Him.
Here are some tips to improve your confidence: Continue reading
Who doesn’t love apps that make your life easier? Here are my favorite apps on my phone right now.
1. Snapseed –
I have experimented with many photo editing apps. They all share similar tools and filters but Snapseed is by far my favorite. It is unique because you can select which parts of the photo you want to select for edits. I like being able to make white backgrounds pop without over exposing the photo.
2. Poshmark –
This app is the easiest one I’ve used for buying and selling clothes. You print the pre-paid shipping label, stick it on a box, and boom you’re done. The best part is that it is safer than other options because if it’s not as described you don’t have to accept it. You can also make counter offers and posting clothes to sell is free. There are some great brands for sale in excellent conditions.
3. Venmo –
This is one of my essentials. It is a way to conveniently transfer money to your friends. I don’t always carry cash with me so being able to split a tab or gas quickly has been a life saver!
4. Spotify –
I love this music app. It creates unique playlists based on my mood or activities. You can also listen to what is trending in other countries which is always fun for long road trips.
5. GroupMe –
This app helps simplify group messages. Instead of scrolling through your phone and trying to keep up with different groups, GroupMe organizes my group chats. You can talk privately with people in the group and even mute notifications so you phone is not constantly vibrating. I like being able to check a group message when I want to with out the chaos of texts.
I am really excited for some new changes coming soon! I’ve been focusing on Instagram posts lately but I can not wait to start posting more on the blog!
Here are a few of favorite posts from this month
College classes are starting in just a couple of weeks which means college packing has already started! This is such an exciting time in your life! It’s the first time you get to not only move out but also plan your own dorm room! I’m sure you’re stressing about what to bring and how you’ll possibly fit everything you own into a tiny room. Let me just say: RELAX. There are Targets and Walmarts all over the country! If you forget something or something you bought isn’t working it will be okay. While that is true it is also super helpful to have as much as you can already bought and organized. Plus dealing with stores during move in weekend usually has crazy lines. I was very meticulous in my packing last year so I thought I’d share my college dorm packing list. Here’s the one I used and once I got to college I wasn’t missing anything! I hope my list serves you well! Good luck during move in! Continue reading
Check out some of my beach bag essentials for a day in the sun!
1. Sunglasses– Love these rainbow toned glasses and they are great for taking pictures in
2. Sunscreen– I’m obsessed with Coopertone clearly sheer sunscreen. It goes on silky and light so you barely even know it’s on.
3. Waterproof Mascara– Bareminerals Flawless Definition mascara is my favorite and now it is water proof! Perfect for splashing in the waves or sitting in the sun with.
4. Hair Ties– Elastic hair ties are perfect for the beach because they don’t get tangled in your messy beach hair
5. Bikini Bag– This bag is a lifesaver. Throw a wet bikini or towel in it and you don’t have to worry about it leaking on anything else
6. Hydrating Spray-This Evian Hydrating spray is amazing. The sun and salt is harsh on your skin but this hydrating spray makes your face and body hydrated and cool
7. Tumblr– Stay hydrated in the sun with a cute tumblr like this Lilly Pulitzer one.
8. Turkish Towel– I am obsessed with these towels. They are so light and compact which is perfect for tanning