Shop my favorite Amazon beauty products –
Confession time. I have an Amazon addiction. There I said it! I order pretty much everything I use from Amazon. The number of Prime packages that show up on my doorstep every week is getting out of hand! Here is a round-up of my favorite skin and hair Amazon finds that I am loving right now and the best part is that they are all under $30!
(Click the product photos to shop)
[show_ms_widget id=”35997802″ image_id=”41858565″ width=”612″ height=”1008″]
[show_ms_widget id=”35997803″ image_id=”41858566″ width=”612″ height=”1008″]
Who’s Ready To Black Friday Shop Online?
I am doing all of my Black Friday shopping from my bed this year! I would much rather be sipping coffee in cozy socks than pushing through a line of people. Check out these A-MAZING Black Friday deals going on today!
The weather will be getting colder soon but it doesn’t mean we have to pack away our summer colors. Soft pastels are in this fall! I’ve worn this dress to everything from brunch to a wedding. This dress slays with the classy cutouts. I wore it to a sorority semi-formal event last week and got so many compliments.
Shop the look:
Dress | Shoes | Mug
I hope ya’ll have a great day and start your week with an extra dose of motivation (and coffee.)
Here are some tips that can help keep your crazy weeks under control:
- Say NO – We all know that stressful weeks are going to happen, but if every week is as much of a whirlwind as the last, it might be time to reevaluate some of your commitments. Make sure that you are in control of your schedule and that it is not in control of you. One major wake up call for me was when I kept an hour-by-hour time log for a week. It really showed me how I use my time and where I needed to be saying no more. (Here’s a great template to log your week)
- Make Lists – Everyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with making to-do lists. There are few things that compare to the fabulous feeling of scratching off a daunting task on your ever growing to-do list. I prefer keeping a weekly list and then having a separate one for monthly tasks and goals. This keeps my list (and brain) from getting overwhelmed with things I do not need to be focused on yet.
- Eat Food – Sounds silly but when I am stressed sometimes I completely forget to feed myself. Take some time to keep yourself energized so you can tackle your week easier. Nothing is worse than being stressed and also starving!
- Have fun – Okay so I know this seems like the last thing you should do when you are stressed, but I have found that when I schedule breaks to see a friend, watch that episode of the Bachelor I am behind on, or just take a quick walk outside, my overall stress and work ethic is dramatically improved.
- Have realistic expectations – As a perfectionist myself this is very hard for me. No matter how stressed you are there are still only 24 hours in one day. Make sure you commit to the things you need to do and execute them to the best of your ability but remember to keep it within reason. Cleaning out your closet, writing a 20 page paper, and solving world hunger, within 24 hours is just not realistic. You will feel less stressed and more accomplished when you know you have a realistic schedule.
Here are also some of my favorite bible verses that always help me get through a busy week:
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Ecclesiastes 12:1 – Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
Dress | Shoes
I don’t know about ya’ll but fall weather is something that I look forward to all year! This week was in the 70 and 80’s! (which is an absolute miracle for Texas!) It is still too warm for layers but that just means that I get to wear some of my favorite dresses for a little bit longer. I have been lighting fall candles and baking pumpkin muffins just trying to make it more like it is autumn.
I got this dress when I was living in the Netherlands this summer. The material is handmade and it is one of the few drop waist dresses that I love! It is so comfortable! The little sailboats remind me of sitting at cafes this summer watching boats pass under the Maastricht bridge 🙂
Hello I am back!
I have missed you all! I am so sorry for the delay in my posts. Between final exams and traveling around Europe this summer (with limited wifi), I completely lost track of time and my posting schedule. I cannot wait to share with ya’ll where I am traveling and what I am experiencing here in Europe (keep checking back for updates!) but for now in honor of the Fourth of July, here is one of my favorite red, white, and blue looks. It is my go-to business causal outfit because there is absolutely nothing I love more than seersucker and a dress with pockets. I hope you all have a great 4th of July with your family and friends!
Necklace | J. Crew
Dress | Similar
Purse | Similar
Dress | J.Crew
Necklace | Similar Here – Get 10% off with the code “EJ+Lane”
Flats | Similar Here
Shop the look:
Shirt | Bevello
Watch | Michael Kors
Jacket | Old Navy (similar)
Jeans | J.Crew
Booties | Nordstrom (similar)