Dress | Shoes | Mug
I hope ya’ll have a great day and start your week with an extra dose of motivation (and coffee.)
Here are some tips that can help keep your crazy weeks under control:
- Say NO – We all know that stressful weeks are going to happen, but if every week is as much of a whirlwind as the last, it might be time to reevaluate some of your commitments. Make sure that you are in control of your schedule and that it is not in control of you. One major wake up call for me was when I kept an hour-by-hour time log for a week. It really showed me how I use my time and where I needed to be saying no more. (Here’s a great template to log your week)
- Make Lists – Everyone who knows me knows that I am obsessed with making to-do lists. There are few things that compare to the fabulous feeling of scratching off a daunting task on your ever growing to-do list. I prefer keeping a weekly list and then having a separate one for monthly tasks and goals. This keeps my list (and brain) from getting overwhelmed with things I do not need to be focused on yet.
- Eat Food – Sounds silly but when I am stressed sometimes I completely forget to feed myself. Take some time to keep yourself energized so you can tackle your week easier. Nothing is worse than being stressed and also starving!
- Have fun – Okay so I know this seems like the last thing you should do when you are stressed, but I have found that when I schedule breaks to see a friend, watch that episode of the Bachelor I am behind on, or just take a quick walk outside, my overall stress and work ethic is dramatically improved.
- Have realistic expectations – As a perfectionist myself this is very hard for me. No matter how stressed you are there are still only 24 hours in one day. Make sure you commit to the things you need to do and execute them to the best of your ability but remember to keep it within reason. Cleaning out your closet, writing a 20 page paper, and solving world hunger, within 24 hours is just not realistic. You will feel less stressed and more accomplished when you know you have a realistic schedule.
Here are also some of my favorite bible verses that always help me get through a busy week:
- 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- Ecclesiastes 12:1 – Don’t let the excitement of youth cause you to forget your Creator. Honor him in your youth before you grow old and say, “Life is not pleasant anymore.”
Hello I am back!
I have missed you all! I am so sorry for the delay in my posts. Between final exams and traveling around Europe this summer (with limited wifi), I completely lost track of time and my posting schedule. I cannot wait to share with ya’ll where I am traveling and what I am experiencing here in Europe (keep checking back for updates!) but for now in honor of the Fourth of July, here is one of my favorite red, white, and blue looks. It is my go-to business causal outfit because there is absolutely nothing I love more than seersucker and a dress with pockets. I hope you all have a great 4th of July with your family and friends!
Necklace | J. Crew
Dress | Similar
Purse | Similar
Dress | J.Crew
Necklace | Similar Here – Get 10% off with the code “EJ+Lane”
Flats | Similar Here
Check out these adorable outfits from E’s Closet. This boutique has become my new obsession for summer outfits and has some great options for sorority recruitment coming up! Now you can also get 5% off your purchases with the code: lhmccurley. Happy shopping!
College classes are starting in just a couple of weeks which means college packing has already started! This is such an exciting time in your life! It’s the first time you get to not only move out but also plan your own dorm room! I’m sure you’re stressing about what to bring and how you’ll possibly fit everything you own into a tiny room. Let me just say: RELAX. There are Targets and Walmarts all over the country! If you forget something or something you bought isn’t working it will be okay. While that is true it is also super helpful to have as much as you can already bought and organized. Plus dealing with stores during move in weekend usually has crazy lines. I was very meticulous in my packing last year so I thought I’d share my college dorm packing list. Here’s the one I used and once I got to college I wasn’t missing anything! I hope my list serves you well! Good luck during move in! Continue reading
I’ve found my own summer love. It’s called Polo season.
The last few Sundays I have gone to polo matches at a breath-taking vineyard in Virginia. Last week my best friend and I went. We dusted off our sun hats and put on our seersucker. Despite the 94-degree weather it was gorgeous and we had an awesome time having a picnic and watching the match. We got lost on the way there and our food was mostly humus and cokes but it was a great afternoon before she moved to North Carolina.
Check out some of my beach bag essentials for a day in the sun!
1. Sunglasses– Love these rainbow toned glasses and they are great for taking pictures in
2. Sunscreen– I’m obsessed with Coopertone clearly sheer sunscreen. It goes on silky and light so you barely even know it’s on.
3. Waterproof Mascara– Bareminerals Flawless Definition mascara is my favorite and now it is water proof! Perfect for splashing in the waves or sitting in the sun with.
4. Hair Ties– Elastic hair ties are perfect for the beach because they don’t get tangled in your messy beach hair
5. Bikini Bag– This bag is a lifesaver. Throw a wet bikini or towel in it and you don’t have to worry about it leaking on anything else
6. Hydrating Spray-This Evian Hydrating spray is amazing. The sun and salt is harsh on your skin but this hydrating spray makes your face and body hydrated and cool
7. Tumblr– Stay hydrated in the sun with a cute tumblr like this Lilly Pulitzer one.
8. Turkish Towel– I am obsessed with these towels. They are so light and compact which is perfect for tanning