Hello I am back!
I have missed you all! I am so sorry for the delay in my posts. Between final exams and traveling around Europe this summer (with limited wifi), I completely lost track of time and my posting schedule. I cannot wait to share with ya’ll where I am traveling and what I am experiencing here in Europe (keep checking back for updates!) but for now in honor of the Fourth of July, here is one of my favorite red, white, and blue looks. It is my go-to business causal outfit because there is absolutely nothing I love more than seersucker and a dress with pockets. I hope you all have a great 4th of July with your family and friends!
Necklace | J. Crew
Dress | Similar
Purse | Similar
“What did God teach you this summer?”
My friend asked me this and it caught me off guard. I needed to think about it. It took me awhile but I was finally able to put what God has taught me into words and I wanted to share it.
This summer God has taught me more about myself than I thought possible. When I was planning for it, I was swarming with excitement as I collected studying abroad pamphlets, missions trip forms, and searched for internships, but none of these seemed to be where God was calling me. He wanted me at home. I wasn’t sure why. At first I tried to fight it by planning trips and looking for ways to leave, but I just grew frustrated because God closed every door that I tried to open on my own. Once I gave up fighting it, I was forced to focus. Continue reading
Check out these adorable outfits from E’s Closet. This boutique has become my new obsession for summer outfits and has some great options for sorority recruitment coming up! Now you can also get 5% off your purchases with the code: lhmccurley. Happy shopping!
I’ve found my own summer love. It’s called Polo season.
The last few Sundays I have gone to polo matches at a breath-taking vineyard in Virginia. Last week my best friend and I went. We dusted off our sun hats and put on our seersucker. Despite the 94-degree weather it was gorgeous and we had an awesome time having a picnic and watching the match. We got lost on the way there and our food was mostly humus and cokes but it was a great afternoon before she moved to North Carolina.
Check out some of my beach bag essentials for a day in the sun!
1. Sunglasses– Love these rainbow toned glasses and they are great for taking pictures in
2. Sunscreen– I’m obsessed with Coopertone clearly sheer sunscreen. It goes on silky and light so you barely even know it’s on.
3. Waterproof Mascara– Bareminerals Flawless Definition mascara is my favorite and now it is water proof! Perfect for splashing in the waves or sitting in the sun with.
4. Hair Ties– Elastic hair ties are perfect for the beach because they don’t get tangled in your messy beach hair
5. Bikini Bag– This bag is a lifesaver. Throw a wet bikini or towel in it and you don’t have to worry about it leaking on anything else
6. Hydrating Spray-This Evian Hydrating spray is amazing. The sun and salt is harsh on your skin but this hydrating spray makes your face and body hydrated and cool
7. Tumblr– Stay hydrated in the sun with a cute tumblr like this Lilly Pulitzer one.
8. Turkish Towel– I am obsessed with these towels. They are so light and compact which is perfect for tanning